Chichester Canal, Chichester Cathedral, Chichester Festival Theatre, Graylingwell Chapel, The Novium Museum and Pallant House Gallery want to inspire more families to have fun together by:
- Offering a wide range of high-quality arts experiences for families in the city
- Helping families be aware of what’s on offer at all six venues
- Supporting each other’s family events (especially the free ones!)
- Understanding families’ needs and engaging with more diverse families
- Collaborating on at least one family friendly project across the city each year
- Sharing opportunities and learnings
All six venues are pledged to the Family Arts Standards, a national accreditation scheme for organisations committed to providing excellent family experiences.
The Chichester Family Arts Network joins 12 other FANs across the country, from Cumbria to Bristol, all focussing on specific regional knowledge and sharing insights, resources and skills.
Jessica Blake-Lobb, Marketing Manager at Chichester Festival Theatre, says:
"Chichester is bursting with family friendly activities and places to explore, and we want to encourage more families to enjoy everything our city has to offer, and to play and have fun. By creating our FAN network and working together, we hope to introduce our own family audiences to the brilliant opportunities organised by our fellow partner organisations."
Rebecca Lewry-Gray, Visitor Experience Manager, Chichester Cathedral:
“We are thrilled to be part of the Chichester Family Art Network, celebrating the rich creative opportunities available to children and families in our city. We also look forward to learning and growing with our cultural partners, as we seek to make our city more inclusive for families.”