- to make or assist in making better provision for the cure of souls in the diocese as a whole and in particular parts of the diocese or in particular parishes;
- to review arrangements for pastoral supervision and care in the diocese as a whole and in particular parts of the diocese or in particular parishes (including sharing agreements in respect of a church or parsonage house and any proposals for sharing agreements);
- to maintain an overview of matters relating to church buildings in the diocese and their use;
- to make every endeavour to find a suitable alternative use for buildings which have been closed for regular public worship or for the demolition of the building and the disposal of its site;
- to work with the bishop and others in the preparation and implementation of Bishop’s Mission Orders (BMOs).
The Diocesan Mission & Pastoral Committee takes an overview of the whole diocese. Other work is undertaken by two sub-committees, one for the east of the diocese and one for the west.
Contact can be made with the DAC and Mission & Pastoral Secretary