GUIDANCE FOR PARISHES
Last updated on 3rd April at 16.30pm
- Ad Clerum from the Bishop of Chichester here
The latest update on the Coronavirus and advice to churches:
- New reflection issued for people who cannot attend a funeral here
- Posters for your church door. Churches live streaming here and churches praying here
- Safeguarding news Promoting a safer Church - updated guidance on video calls and social media during Covid 19 here
- Caring for church buildings during the pandemic here
- Guidance from the National Safeguarding Team was uploaded to this page on 26th March - it can be found here with a covering letter from the diocese of Chichester's Safeguarding Team here
- New Guidance from the Church of England can be found here This includes any new information from the Archbishops and Bishops.
- The Diocesan Secretary, Gabrielle Higgins has issued a notice outlining the business continuity plans for Church House Hove. Issued on 24th March. You can read it here
- The Diocesan Secretary, Gabrielle Higgins, has issued a finance and governance communication to all parishes. This covers issues relating to finance; staff; marriages, banns, common licences and qualifying connections; funerals; safeguarding training and safer recruitment; parsonage properties; APCMs; PCC and other meetings; and archdeacons’ visitations. Issued on 20th March - it can be read here
- Video contributions from Bishop Martin and colleagues are being added daily and can be viewed here
- More resources are available below and from the menb on the left, including guidance on video and audio options for services, sermons and homilies, covering both technical issues and copyright issues for music.
- If you have any query regarding advice for churches, please email Anna Quick at firstname.lastname@example.org. She will respond as soon as she can, or forward your query to someone else you can help. If you are unable to use email, please call her on 01273 425 029
- Any change to public health advice will be published on the government website here first.
- The situation is changing daily and any updates will be communicated to parishes and schools and will appear on this website.
Pray for those infected by the coronavirus around the world, for those who care for them, for health specialists and authorities who are combatting the spread of infection, and of course for all who at this time are feeling anxious, especially for those with friends and family in China.