GUIDANCE FOR PARISHES
Last updated on 2nd June. Bishop Martin's letter to MPs. here
- All Guidance from the Church of England can be found here. This includes any new information from the Archbishops and Bishops, and it includes regularly updated FAQs and guidance documents.
- Parish communication from the Diocesan Bishop and the Diocesan Secretary - here
- New reflection issued for people who cannot attend a funeral here
- Safeguarding update was sent out here with advice on abuse in domestic settings here
- Ad clerum issued on 3rd April
- A poster for your church door here or churches who are live-streaming could use the one here
- Safeguarding Advice, including guidance on how to help others safely and guidance for the safe use of video-calling with young people here and more general advice on safeguarding in the current circumstances here
- Business continuity arrangements for Church House Hove here
- Advice on finance and governance, covering issues relating to finance, staff, parsonage properties, APCMs, PCC and other meetings and archdeacons’ visitations here
- Video contributions from Bishop Martin and colleagues are being added daily and can be viewed here
- More resources are available below and from the menu on the left, including guidance on video and audio options for services, sermons and homilies, covering both technical issues and copyright issues for music.
- If you have any query regarding advice for churches, please email The Revd Rob Dillingham at email@example.com. He will respond as soon as he can, or forward your query to someone else you can help. If you are unable to use email, please call him on 01273 425 019.
- Any change to public health advice will be published on the government website here first.
- The situation is changing frequently and any updates will be communicated to parishes and schools and will appear on this website.
Latest updates on Coronavirus guidance and advice for parishes:
Pray for those infected by the coronavirus around the world, for those who care for them, for health specialists and authorities who are combatting the spread of infection, for all providing essential services, and of course for all who at this time are feeling anxious..
In response to Coronavirus, Release International have created a new 'Lockdown Church' resource which includes: bible talks, short films, interactive activities, songs and prayers all designed to help you worship.
For persecuted Christians around the world restrictions on 'church' are not uncommon. They often have their buildings closed, are prevented from meeting together, and some are forced to spend time in isolation. However, in those circumstances they have learned to keep going and even to thrive. They have lots of practice at doing church under lockdown.