CONNECT (formerly clergy spouses) Caring, Connecting and Championing active & retired Chichester Clergy Families across Sussex.
Ruth Sowerby and Deborah Jackson have arranged some opportunities for clergy families to meet together once in a while to renew friendships, forge new ones and to give support to one another. In particular they wish to encourage spouses or partners of retired clergy so please do spread the word!
CONNECT exists to support, inform & connect spouses, partners & their families, at all ages & stages of ministry. This includes both active & retired and those who are widowed.
- MEETINGS: These include whole diocesan wide events as well as informal local gatherings.
- ACTIVITIES: this is a rolling programme & has included annual quiet days, spa days, family fun day at Butlins, visits to Pallant House art gallery, and dinner with a speaker.
- FACEBOOK GROUP: this is a ‘closed’ group that exists for mutual support and prayer requests of members
- COMMUNICATION: a variety of methods are used to inform spouses of events and news e.g. annual letter, Facebook page, email, diocesan website's designated CONNECT page and word of mouth. The latest newsletter can be found here. To join the mailing list, please fill in the data consent form and return to Church House.
- WALKS: six walks a year in various locations across the diocese, followed by tea. Open to clergy and their spouses, partners and families.
BRING ALONG FRIENDS, FAMILY & THE DOG SPRING TERM