We are looking to recruit volunteer Bishop's Champions to support and enhance the work of Family Support across the diocese.
Chichester Association for Family Support Work is a diocesan charity that seeks to work with families in need. It has a particularly strong role in areas of deprivation.
The Champions will play a key role in helping FSW meet its strategic objectives to strengthen the links between the Association and the Diocese, increase awareness of its work, and optimise income generation. They will promote the charity’s work within one of the Archdeaconries of the Diocese by delivering talks to local networks and organisations.
This role will help ensure that the Churches become aware of our existence and understand what we do and how to access our services. Another key part of the role will be to support fundraising in line with the strategic funding plan making the Director and Director of Fundraising and Marketing aware of potential leads and new funds that are available locally.
You will have the ability to inspire people about the work of FSW and be a confident communicator with good organisational skills. Some experience of fundraising would be an advantage. This is a voluntary role, but all expenses will be paid. We anticipate it may take up to 16-24 hours per month.
For further information please email Martin Auton Lloyd
The Bishop of Chichester wishes to appoint a part-time Priest in Charge (3.5 days per week including all or part of Sunday with 21 days holiday) for an exceptional rural parish that eagerly seeks a servant leader for a village Church that has been sharing God’s love in its community for more than 1000 years
• Loving, welcoming Church • Vibrant village community • 300-year-established Church primary school • Modern, spacious rectory with stunning views • One of the most beautiful church buildings in Sussex
WITH CARE, PRAYERFULNESS & HUMILITY YOU will encourage, collaborate, inspire & nurture
Application Form and Parish Profile available from The Ven Fiona Windsor, The Archdeacon of Horsham, 20 Langley Lane, Ifield, Crawley RH11 0NA Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Midday, Friday 5 April 2019
Part-time Parish Administrator
Are you looking for a part-time admin job? Midhurst Parish Church has a vacancy for a part-time Parish Administrator. The post is for 10 hours a week at a pay rate of £10 an hour. For further details and to apply online go to the church website: http://midhurstparishchurch.net/
Or for a paper recruitment pack, phone the Parish Office at St Ann’s Hall, Midhurst on 01730-815356.
To find out more about the life of Midhurst Parish Church go to its Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/MidhurstChurch/
If you’d like to discuss further details please contact Mike Abbott on 01730-814857 or email email@example.com
The closing date is Thursday 3 January 2019.
Contract: Permanent, part time
Location: A large village 3 miles east of Lewes, next to Glyndebourne, on the edge of the South Downs National Park
We are seeking Christian musicians to help us develop our worship to meet the needs of all age groups within our community, whilst keeping many of our existing traditional and varied musical forms of worship appreciated by our regular worshippers.
We are looking for:
- a talented musician with a passion for playing our very fine organ (3 manual by Hill, Norman and Beard, 1922, major rebuild 1989 and in excellent order).
- an inspirational leader who will work enthusiastically with our dedicated choir in shaping our worship for the future, using a range of musical styles
- an innovator, enthusiastically providing encouragement and opportunities to develop worship that’s attractive and relevant across our community especially for our young people
If one or more of these roles could be for you, please don’t delay – get in touch to find out more.
(Stipendiary, Full -time)
All Saints Patcham with the Ascension Westdene
Deanery of Brighton
The large and diverse parish of Patcham, in the north of Brighton, is seeking to appoint a new associate vicar to work with the incumbent to provide missional leadership to the unreached areas of the parish and to have particular responsibility for the life of Ascension, Westdene. This is a great opportunity for someone who would like to prioritise mission without the responsibility of incumbency.
The appointed priest will be:
- Rooted in the evangelical tradition with a love of scripture as the foundation for life and ministry and a heart to share the love of Jesus;
- Open to personal change and transformation through a life of prayer
- Willing to think about outreach and mission in creative and innovative ways;
- Good at forming relationships with those beyond church life;
- A good team player and good at enabling others;
- A skilled communicator;
- Able to think strategically and plan for long-term growth.
- A lover of people
For an informal conversation contact the Archdeacon of Brighton & Lewes, Ven Martin Lloyd-Williams on 01273 425691
For an application pack, contact Marc Sacher, PA to the Archdeacon of Brighton and Lewes, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications to be received by 29th March 2019
Interviews on 15th April 2019