DEPUTY DIOCESAN DIRECTOR OF ORDINANDS
The Bishop of Chichester is seeking to appoint a Deputy Director of Ordinands to support the Diocesan Director of Ordinands in the oversight of ordinands and in nurturing vocations to the ordained ministry. This is a 0.5 role which would suit a candidate with other ministerial commitments in the Diocese of Chichester.
Deadline for applications: 24 November 2018
For a full job description, write to firstname.lastname@example.org and, for an informal discussion about the role, contact the Diocesan Director of Ordinands, the Rev’d Dr Daniel Inman (email@example.com).
Loving God, Loving Community
St Mary’s Walberton has a choir of 13 people with a usual attendance of 9 people on a Sunday. We are in need of a choir leader and organist. We have a number of supporting organists who can cover absences, and Sunday evenings as necessary.
- supporting the choir led weekly 9am Traditional service three times a months with a more informal Family Service once a month at 10.30am for which we might develop a children’s choir.
- playing twice a month at the 6pm evening service (or 10.30am informal service).
- playing at the major festivals (often in the evening) at Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Ascension and Christmas Eve/Day
- Leading our weekly choir practice on a Friday evening.
- The PCC has agreed to pay the RSCM rate for a rural church which is between £2,180 and £3,925 depending on whether the organist is vocational or professional. This will be negotiable depending on previous salary and experience and the number of services to be played.
- There are also handful of weddings and funerals each year where the organist charges the RSCM rate presently £80. These could be covered by others if necessary.
- We would expect to use the RSCM contract as the basis for terms and conditions including 6 weeks paid holiday.
This post will require a DBS check at enhanced level.
Contract: Permanent, part time
Location: A large village 3 miles east of Lewes, next to Glyndebourne, on the edge of the South Downs National Park
We are seeking Christian musicians to help us develop our worship to meet the needs of all age groups within our community, whilst keeping many of our existing traditional and varied musical forms of worship appreciated by our regular worshippers.
We are looking for:
- a talented musician with a passion for playing our very fine organ (3 manual by Hill, Norman and Beard, 1922, major rebuild 1989 and in excellent order).
- an inspirational leader who will work enthusiastically with our dedicated choir in shaping our worship for the future, using a range of musical styles
- an innovator, enthusiastically providing encouragement and opportunities to develop worship that’s attractive and relevant across our community especially for our young people
If one or more of these roles could be for you, please don’t delay – get in touch to find out more.
St. Augustine of Canterbury, Cooden Drive, Bexhill On Sea.
Organist and Choir Director.
We are seeking to appoint a Organist and Choir Director to continue to enhance our musical tradition.
Modern Catholic tradition.
Rates in accordance with RSCM recommendations and qualifications + fees.
More information from: Fr. Robert Coates, SSC. 01424 210 785 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Organist & Choirmaster required for St Botolph's Church, Heene, Worthing, from 1st November 2018 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
Duties to include regular Sunday Sung Eucharist and one weekly choir practice, plus Holy Days and occasional Evensong.
Two-manual Walker pipe organ and two-manual Eminent electronic organ. Traditional Anglican worship with well-established SATB choir.
Remuneration at RSCM rates, dependent upon experience. Separate rates for weddings and funerals.
Please contact Rik Clay (Churchwarden): Tel - 01903 693587; e-mail - email@example.com