Thank you for your work as the Treasurer of your PCC. Treasurers are essential to the smooth running of our parish churches and we are grateful for your time.
Paying the diocese: bank payments can be made to the Chichester DBF account 20-12-75 20207314. Please ensure that the payment reference is clear so that the amount can be allocated correctly. Alternatively cheques made payable to 'Chichester DBF' can be sent to the Accounts department at Church House.
Here are links to documents and websites which may help you in your role:
- Parish Resources: This website is provided by the Church of England's National Stewardship and Resources Team and contains a raft of information for PCC Officers on topics such as accounting, stewardship, fundraising and administration, including Gift Aid resources and Employing staff
- Parish Trusts, Chancel Trusts and Schools Trusts. Here is some general guidance on restricted and endowed funds. If you need further general guidance please contact the Parish Advisor. Specific questions should be directed to the Accounts department.
- Duties of a Typical PCC Treasurer : Duties of a typical PCC Treasurer can vary depending upon which PCC you are serving, and can be summarised in this document or the more comprehensive guide and a Year in the Life of a PCC Treasurer.
- To notify a change in PCC Treasurer, email Chris Wallace-Tarry, Database and Statistics Administrator or telephone: 01273 421 021
- Information about Parish share is here
- Information about Parochial fees is here
- Information about Generous giving is here
- Parish Buying Scheme information is here. You will need a login to be able to access the information pages.
- Information about the Parish Giving Scheme is here
- Church of England Parish Returns can be completed online here
- Information about PCC insurance: is here
- Bishops Discretionary Fund: Send cheques payable to the Bishop of Chichester's No.2 account to The Palace, Chichester, West Sussex PO19 1PY
- PCC Financial Policy: Although the PCC may expect the Treasurer to advise on proper financial policy and procedure, it is something that should be overseen and controlled by the whole PCC. A starter template can be downloaded to assist in framing a proper policy that the Treasurer and everyone else should follow
- Template for recording offertory and other collections is available to download
Financial Aspects of Ministry: we have written this document providing guidance on expenses for clergy, and the Church of England's guidance is here
Parish Accounting: We have prepared this Parish Accounting Guide to day-to-day PCC accounting covering such things as
- Keeping the accounting up to date
- Regular accounting
- Mirroring the bank statements
- Using online banking
PCC Accountability Guide: An official guide published by the Church on preparing annual accounts
Alternatively, we have prepared an annual accounts' Guide to Year-End Reporting
And we have prepared some templates for you to download. Contact your Parish Advisor for more details or download the template you need:
To contact your Parish Advisor
email or telephone: 01273 425 796