St Peter’s ad Vincula
Folkington, Nr Polegate, Sussex, BN26 5SD
St Peter’s Church is looking for a new organist to accompany us in our worship for two Sundays a month. We are a small rural community set in stunning countryside in the heart of the South Downs National Park. We have a very friendly and committed congregation and we use the Book of Common Prayer. Our ideal candidate will be flexible - we sometimes hold special services for children and to celebrate festivals like Rogation Sunday – and supportive of our Christian mission.
For more information – including remuneration and service times, Please contact Sabrina Harcourt-Smith on our Church Warden Team, 01323 482036
BEXHILL PARISH CHURCH OF ST.PETER
CHILDREN’S & FAMILIES’ WORKER
FULL-TIME – Salary in the range 25-30k
St.Peter’s Bexhill has a mission to expand its children and families work and outreach in this growing parish.
If you have experience of church based children and families work and have the vision and creativity to lead this initiative, then please get in touch.
We need an energetic leader to develop, coordinate and oversee, the outreach of our church’s mission to children and families.
The parish comprises the ancient church of St. Peter and the 20C church of St.Michael’s serving the east of the parish. We have strong links with our local C of E primary school as well as good ecumenical links through Churches Together in Bexhill.
This post is an excellent opportunity for the right person to realise a personal vision in outreach for the next generation to know Christ and to make him known.
The post is full-time, in the range £25,000-£30,000 dependent on qualifications and experience. Accommodation is available, suitable for a young family.
Further information, person specification and job description are available from The Parish Office, St. Peters Church, Church Street, Bexhill on Sea, East Sussex. TN40 2HE, 01424 734438 or by email from firstname.lastname@example.org. These can also be downloaded from stpetersbexhill.org.uk/
St Mary's Church
Walberton, near Arundel
St Mary’s Walberton is seeking appoint a part time youth worker to:
- Work with their 11-18s open youth group which has 30 young people in it.
- To set up a youth cell discipleship group for our teenagers which the youth worker will lead.
- Explore and facilitate a youth group residential during the course of this academic year (May Camp / Soul Survivor) in conjunction with youth group leaders and Church leadership.
The appointment is the equivalent of 1 day per week and includes an average of three and an half hours contact time in school term. Friday evening is the main youth club night.
Salary will be in the range of £4,-5,000 per annum depending on relevant experience and qualifications. The initial contract will be for one year.
Expenses will be reimbursed for agreed youth expenditure.
The youth worker will be responsible to the vicar.
For further details please contact the vicar Rev Tim Ward
Phone: 01243 551488
Address: St Mary’s Vicarage, The Street, Walberton, Arundel, West Sussex, BN18 0PQ.
This post has a genuine occupational requirement for the holder to be a committed Christian, and any appointment will be subject to an enhanced CRB disclosure.
Remuneration Package: c. £70-80,000
The Diocese of Chichester is looking to appoint a new Diocesan Secretary. This is a key executive position, heading up the Diocesan Administration and working alongside the bishops and clergy to develop and deliver God’s mission & ministry throughout East & West Sussex.
- Leading an administration team of over 50 people to deliver high quality services to clergy and the public in the diocese effectively and efficiently
- As a member of the Bishop’s senior staff, helping to develop and implement a strategy for ministry and mission in the diocese
- Managing an annual budget approaching £20 million, in close cooperation with the Diocesan Board of Finance, with the highest standards of governance and accountability
- A track record of driving excellence & leading change
- Proven leadership expertise, working within complex governance structures
- Strong financial and project management acumen
- Experience of working successfully in a complex, multi-stakeholder environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and advocacy skills
- Candidates must be communicant members of the Church of England or of a church in communion with it (a genuine occupational requirement).
For more information and details of how to apply, visit www.chichester.anglican.org/vacancies/diocesan-secretary
Deadline for receipt of applications: 31 October 2014.
House for Duty Priest in Charge
Albourne, Sayers Common and Twineham (ASCaT)
These three villages (pop. 1900, ER 90) situated in a very attractive rural part of West Sussex and with easy access to Brighton, London and Gatwick seek a House for Duty priest. The single parish benefice has three Churches, two CofE controlled primary schools, and a permanent deacon and Reader actively support the pastoral work of the parish.
- A single PCC
- One main Sunday service (plus a small 8 o’clock Eucharist and a 6 ‘clock Evening Prayer) Services rotate around the churches
- Close involvement with our church schools
- Seeking a ‘middle of the road’ style of ministry to engage with our predominantly rural community
- Flexibility, imagination and energy in promoting the role of the churches in their community
- Some ministry support may be forthcoming from the neighbouring parish of Hurstpierpoint
Application forms and electronic copies of the parish profile are available from Mrs Sue Baker; The Palace, Chichester, PO19 1PY or email@example.com to whom applications form should be returned.
Full DBS disclosure required.