St Peter’s ad Vincula
Folkington, Nr Polegate, Sussex, BN26 5SD
St Peter’s Church is looking for a new organist to accompany us in our worship for two Sundays a month. We are a small rural community set in stunning countryside in the heart of the South Downs National Park. We have a very friendly and committed congregation and we use the Book of Common Prayer. Our ideal candidate will be flexible - we sometimes hold special services for children and to celebrate festivals like Rogation Sunday – and supportive of our Christian mission.
For more information – including remuneration and service times, Please contact Sabrina Harcourt-Smith on our Church Warden Team, 01323 482036
BEXHILL PARISH CHURCH OF ST.PETER
CHILDREN’S & FAMILIES’ WORKER
FULL-TIME – Salary in the range 25-30k
St.Peter’s Bexhill has a mission to expand its children and families work and outreach in this growing parish.
If you have experience of church based children and families work and have the vision and creativity to lead this initiative, then please get in touch.
We need an energetic leader to develop, coordinate and oversee, the outreach of our church’s mission to children and families.
The parish comprises the ancient church of St. Peter and the 20C church of St.Michael’s serving the east of the parish. We have strong links with our local C of E primary school as well as good ecumenical links through Churches Together in Bexhill.
This post is an excellent opportunity for the right person to realise a personal vision in outreach for the next generation to know Christ and to make him known.
The post is full-time, in the range £25,000-£30,000 dependent on qualifications and experience. Accommodation is available, suitable for a young family.
Further information, person specification and job description are available from The Parish Office, St. Peters Church, Church Street, Bexhill on Sea, East Sussex. TN40 2HE, 01424 734438 or by email from firstname.lastname@example.org. These can also be downloaded from stpetersbexhill.org.uk/
Deanery of Petworth
Four Rural Posts
The Bishop of Chichester is seeking to appoint a mission team of FIVE clergy to minister in four contiguous benefices of rural West Sussex. The team’s core members will be:
1. A priest-in-charge of Wisborough Green, a full stipend post, who will act as vicar of the parish and leader of the mission team
2. A support member of the mission team – a full stipend post supporting and supplementing ministry in the area and especially in the three House for Duty benefices following:
3. A House for Duty priest for Stopham and Fittleworth (approx 2 Sunday services and 2 PCCs, C of E controlled primary school.)
4. Two House for Duty posts have now been filled.
1 Wisborough Green, Priest-in-charge (Pop 1360. ER 115)
Please see the parish profile and team job description for more information
This is an exciting post which combines the role of Vicar of Wisborough Green and that of Mission Team Leader across three other benefices (each with a House for Duty Priest) situated in the beautiful Sussex countryside. We are seeking to appoint a Priest-in-charge to lead the thriving benefice of Wisborough Green which is of a broad central tradition and to lead the mission team which will include the three House for Duty Priests plus a further full-time stipendiary priest to provide leadership and drive for new worship and mission initiatives.
The successful applicant will:
• Have a love for all people and a heart for evangelism
• Be an inspiring leader and excellent communicator with imagination and vision
• Lead worship for the whole church family in a variety of styles, welcoming and suitable for different ages and preferences.
• Support and foster lay ministry; encourage people to develop their gifts and abilities
• Empathise and encourage people at different stages of their journey in faith
• Develop outworking of practical Christian faith in the wider community
2 Mission Team member
A self-motivating energetic priest is sought for this innovative full-time post addressing mission needs in the four benefices. The primary roles are to support youth and families work in the parishes and other pastoral needs, such as evangelistic/nurture courses and marriage and confirmation preparation. There are three schools in the benefices and they welcome support from their parish churches. Accommodation will be provided in the deanery.
Please see the specific job description for the role and the parish profiles of the various benefices.
This post along with one of the House for Duty posts might suit an appropriately qualified ordained married couple.
3 Stopham and Fittleworth (Pop 1000 ER 106) House for Duty
Fittleworth is the main village in the benefice with a school, and village activities such as Urban Saints (Crusaders), Scouts, Guides etc
An active congregation with an expanding Sunday School seeks a priest-in-charge (House for duty) who has ‘vision for the growth of the church in our community and the energy and enthusiasm to enable us . . . to bring it to life.’ Supportive active PCC.
Stopham has a small growing congregation who worship God in the beauty and timeless language of the Book of Common Prayer
Please see the parish profile for more information
Parish profiles, job descriptions and applications forms
Applications are invited for each of the above vacancies.
Contact The Palace, Chichester, PO19 1PY Tel: 01243 782161
Please contact the Archdeacon of Horsham (01293 513719) for further background information. Application forms should be returned to The Palace as above.
All posts require DBS disclosure
The Bishop of Chichester seeks an energetic priest with a heart for rural ministry for this delightful Sussex Weald parish. The
successful applicant will be mission orientated, a collaborative pastor and leader and will be:
- a person of faith, prayer and vision who can build on and grow the congregation.
- whose beliefs are firmly rooted in the Bible and who is able to communicate its timeless message in a powerful and contemporary way.
- warm, welcoming and enthusiastic with a gift of leadership, compassionate and caring.
- able to build good relationships with everyone in the parish
- a good team builder who will encourage key members of the church to reach their potential with humour and common sense.
- Passionate about promoting the parish church and reaching out to the community with a strong pastoral commitment.
Further details and an application form are obtainable from
The Archdeacon of Hastings,
The Ven. Philip Jones,
East Sussex TN22 2EH
01825 763326 email@example.com
To whom completed applications should be sent.
Enhanced DBS/CRB disclosure required.
Interview date to be announced
House for Duty Curate in Charge
St Margaret of Antioch
within the plurality of Uckfield, Isfield and Horsted Parva
Brave enough for a rural challenge? Lover of BCP? Steam enthusiast? Seeking the riches of village life?
What more could you want?!
A charming Sussex village, despite its quasi-ribbon development – 3 miles long and 50yds wide, with an exquisite 14th C church set out in the fields, an inviting pub named ‘The Laughing Fish’ and the Lavender Line steam railway, friendly natives and keen and supportive church community – all these attractions are on offer to the right priest, who will relish Gospel preaching and pastoral ministry, will have a heart for mission and a willingness to be drawn into the fullness of community life.
This could be the post for YOU!
Full details are available from:
The Archdeacon of Hastings
The Ven. Philip Jones at The Archdeaconry, High Street,
Maresfield East Sussex TN22 2EH 01825 763326
NB: Completed and signed applications should be sent to:
The Bishop of Chichester
Enhanced DBS is required