Salary:£32.500 per annum
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Diocese of Chichester for the position of Officer for Lay Apostolic Life. This is a new position, the main purpose of which is:
• To identify and develop an imaginative, creative and pioneering approach to lay ministry in the Diocese.
• To affirm, encourage and enable the living out of apostolic life for lay Christians through specific ministries.
• To design and oversee appropriate selection processes, training provision and ongoing development for specific lay ministries.
The principal duties will be:
• To take the lead in the process of re-imagining lay ministry in the diocese to better engage with God’s mission, drawing on what is already flourishing. This will include a comprehensive review of licensed and authorised lay ministry (including Reader ministry) and a re-assessment of the training and authorisation of those who preach and teach.
• To work collaboratively with the Vocations Officer, Diocesan Director of Ordinands (DDO) and appropriate others in the discernment, selection and training for particular licensed and authorised lay ministries.
• To develop and run cost effective and appropriate training programmes for specific ministries, training others to assist where appropriate.
• To oversee the Lay Ministers of Holy Communion course.
• To set up and run a Lay Pastoral Assistants scheme for the diocese in collaboration with appropriate others.
• To take the lead in provision of Continuing Ministerial Development for lay ministers, working with the Reader Committee, Warden of Readers and clergy CMD Officer.
It is essential that you are familiar with recent thinking about lay ministry development and the relationship between ministry and mission. You must have experience of involvement in adult lay training and discipleship development within the Church setting and engagement in the delivery of pastoral care within the community. You will need to be a highly effective and experienced preacher.
You should have an understanding of the Church of England and its structures and working. It would be desirable to have a degree in theology and/or a qualification in counselling or some aspect of pastoral care.
It is essential that you are an excellent communicator and are able to work collaboratively and empathetically across a range of Church traditions. You will have the ability to develop imaginative, innovative and creative training opportunities and be able to analyse needs and plan appropriately as and when changes are required. You should have the ability to spot and nurture gifts in unexpected places and the emotional intelligence and humility to allow others to outperform you.
You will need to be a car owner/driver.
This position is open to both lay and ordained candidates.
If you feel you have the experience and qualities we are seeking, please send your up-to-date CV together with covering letter to:
Remuneration: £60,000 - £70,000 per annum
The Diocese of Chichester is seeking to appoint a Diocesan Accountant, based in Hove.
The successful candidate will have both technical accounting and managerial ability. He or she will lead financial strategy alongside the planning and budgeting process, playing a key role in exciting strategic development projects. We are looking for someone who is able to establish strong working relationships with people of all levels, who has excellent interpersonal and communications skills, and who is highly motivated with good organisational, literacy and numeracy skills. The successful candidate will also be required to support the ethos, aims and objectives of Christianity, the Church of England and the Diocese, and an understanding of the Church of England and parish governance and structures would be an advantage.
The main responsibilities are: • The financial and accounting operations of all Diocesan funds. • Provision of timely and accurate financial advice and information. • Managing the Accounts team and provision of support for PCC Treasurers. • Review and development of operational systems.
The principal duties will be:
• Diocesan Financial Operations: To oversee and control all aspects of the financial and accounting operation; ensure compliance with statutory and Church regulations; develop accounting operational procedures and IT systems; manage and supervise trust funds and provide guidance and information regarding investments and funds; project costs and approve grants; liaise with Church House Westminster, Church Commissioners, investment managers and pension providers as required.
• Financial Guidance & Information: To produce quarterly cash flow statements and management accounts and year end forecasts; prepare year end accounts in line with charity and company legislation and liaise with auditors; prepare the annual budget in conjunction with the Diocesan Secretary; produce Parish Ministry costs figures; provide financial information and guidance to staff, committee members, clergy and deanery and parish treasurers as required; maintain comprehensive records.
• Financial Strategy: To participate in planning financial policy and investment policy; prepare long term forecasts; collect, maintain and analyse parish finance statistics.
• Other: To manage and support the Accounts team; develop operational procedures; prepare papers for and attend meetings as required; co-ordinate responses to financial consultations; exercise delegated authorities in financial and legal matters.
Applicants should hold a professional accountancy qualification (CIMA, ICAEW, ACCA or CIPFA) and have extensive knowledge and understanding of computerised accounts and spreadsheet applications.
They should also have up to date knowledge of UK Accounting Standards and a familiarity with FRS102, the Charities Acts, trust law and fund accounting.
If you feel you have the experience and qualities to fill the above position, please send your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 June 2016. A full job description is available to download here
Parish Nurse for Broadfield
8hrs a week (£18 per hour)
• Have Christian faith
• Believe in holistic nursing
• Love working with and supporting people
Then we have a new and exciting post for you.
CtL Broadfield Anglican church is currently looking for a dedicated Christian Registered Nurse for 8hrs a week (£18 per hour). This is a new post for a Christian nurse to integrate the physical, psychological, emotional, mental, spiritual and social health within Broadfield. If you are interested in this post please contact the Vicar of Broadfield for further information. Essential requirements:
• To be a Registered Nurse – current NMC registration
• To be a worshipping member of a Christian church
• To be comfortable and willing to pray with and for others when appropriate.
• To have a good standard of clinical expertise
• To have good interpersonal skills and motivate others
• Good communication skills (spoken & written)
• To have I.T. skills
• A knowledge of the Nursing & Midwifery Council Code of Professional Conduct
• To have a knowledge of Clinical Governance and its implications
• An understanding of the purpose and value of Clinical Supervision and support of staff
• An ability to work with a range of different volunteers.
• To attend Parish Nursing UK course
Application closes on 3 July 2016
For more information and application form please contact the Vicar of Broadfield: Rev Howard Schnaar 01293 530 339 email@example.com
The Equality Act 2010 Schedule 9 part 1(1-3) applies to this post. The post is restricted to practising Christians.
Organist and Director of Music required for Holy Trinity Church, Cuckfield, West Sussex
We are keen to appoint an experienced musician to lead and develop the music in our beautiful church, set within a vibrant community. Our adult four-part choir of nearly twenty members is keen to increase its repertoire and there is also great scope to encourage young people within the musical life of the church.
There are two sung acts of worship each Sunday and sung worship on major festivals, plus a baptism service once a month. Deputies are available.
The organ is a two manual Walker (tracker) from the 1880s, rebuilt and enlarged by the same firm in the 1970s. It is versatile and in good condition.
The attractive salary is augmented by substantial wedding fees (18 in 2015) plus funerals and special services.
Enhanced DBS disclosure will be required.
Application forms from the Parish Secretary: Gill Squires, The Old School, Church Street, Cuckfield RH17 5JZ Tel: 01444 456461 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cuckfield is just over two miles from Haywards Heath Railway Station
Full time Youth Minister.
Bishop Hannington Church is a conservative evangelical Anglican Church in Hove. We are seeking to appoint a full time Youth Minister to continue to grow and develop the youth ministry within our Church.
The successful candidate will be:
• A committed classical evangelical Christian wanting to serve the Lord to fulfil the Bishop Hannington Church vision to make Disciples of Christ in Brighton & Hove and for the World
• A person who has a love for young people and a desire for them to grow as Christians
• A person able to teach and apply the Bible
• A person able to naturally lead and influence young people • A strong team player able to work with the rest of the staff team and church members
And have these qualities:
• A good knowledge of the Bible (Theological training desirable)
• Experience of leading youth work in a church (voluntary or employed)
• Currently actively involved in the life of a church
• A good communicator with a good track record of good communication skills with all ages
• Able to organise and co-ordinate the youth work and support and train voluntary leaders
Closing date for applications: Friday 8th July 2016. Interviews: Tuesday 26th July 2016
An enhanced DBS check will be required for this appointment.
For a full Job Description, Person Specification and Application Form please contact: David Docherty, Operations Manager, Bishop Hannington Church, Nevill Avenue, Hove, BN3 7NH. Tel: 01273 732965 Email: email@example.com