St Peter’s ad Vincula
Folkington, Nr Polegate, Sussex, BN26 5SD
St Peter’s Church is looking for a new organist to accompany us in our worship for two Sundays a month. We are a small rural community set in stunning countryside in the heart of the South Downs National Park. We have a very friendly and committed congregation and we use the Book of Common Prayer. Our ideal candidate will be flexible - we sometimes hold special services for children and to celebrate festivals like Rogation Sunday – and supportive of our Christian mission.
For more information – including remuneration and service times, Please contact Sabrina Harcourt-Smith on our Church Warden Team, 01323 482036
BEXHILL PARISH CHURCH OF ST.PETER
CHILDREN’S & FAMILIES’ WORKER
FULL-TIME – Salary in the range 25-30k
St.Peter’s Bexhill has a mission to expand its children and families work and outreach in this growing parish.
If you have experience of church based children and families work and have the vision and creativity to lead this initiative, then please get in touch.
We need an energetic leader to develop, coordinate and oversee, the outreach of our church’s mission to children and families.
The parish comprises the ancient church of St. Peter and the 20C church of St.Michael’s serving the east of the parish. We have strong links with our local C of E primary school as well as good ecumenical links through Churches Together in Bexhill.
This post is an excellent opportunity for the right person to realise a personal vision in outreach for the next generation to know Christ and to make him known.
The post is full-time, in the range £25,000-£30,000 dependent on qualifications and experience. Accommodation is available, suitable for a young family.
Further information, person specification and job description are available from The Parish Office, St. Peters Church, Church Street, Bexhill on Sea, East Sussex. TN40 2HE, 01424 734438 or by email from email@example.com. These can also be downloaded from stpetersbexhill.org.uk/
St Mary's Church
Walberton, near Arundel
St Mary’s Walberton is seeking appoint a part time youth worker to:
- Work with their 11-18s open youth group which has 30 young people in it.
- To set up a youth cell discipleship group for our teenagers which the youth worker will lead.
- Explore and facilitate a youth group residential during the course of this academic year (May Camp / Soul Survivor) in conjunction with youth group leaders and Church leadership.
The appointment is the equivalent of 1 day per week and includes an average of three and an half hours contact time in school term. Friday evening is the main youth club night.
Salary will be in the range of £4,-5,000 per annum depending on relevant experience and qualifications. The initial contract will be for one year.
Expenses will be reimbursed for agreed youth expenditure.
The youth worker will be responsible to the vicar.
For further details please contact the vicar Rev Tim Ward
Phone: 01243 551488
Address: St Mary’s Vicarage, The Street, Walberton, Arundel, West Sussex, BN18 0PQ.
This post has a genuine occupational requirement for the holder to be a committed Christian, and any appointment will be subject to an enhanced CRB disclosure.
Holy Trinity, Cuckfield
The Bishop of Chichester seeks to appoint a priest to this welcoming parish in delightful West Sussex
(Population 4,400, many young professionals. E.R. 265).
- central Eucharistic churchmanship with a diversity of worship styles
- an inclusive approach to mission
- a beautiful reordered church, with a neighbouring active parish centre
- strong links with the voluntary aided Primary School
- a musical tradition embracing traditional choral and contemporary styles
- a newly acquired vicarage in the heart of the village
We are praying for a vicar who is:
- able to lead us in our mission - reaching out in love to make Christ known
- an outgoing, prayerful person, able to empower people of all ages
- welcoming and supportive of all who work for the church
Application Form and Parish Profile available from:
Tel. 01243 782161
The Parish Profile is also available at
Closing date: 12.00 noon, October 3rd
An Enhanced Level DBS check will be required for this post.
The Bishop of Chichester and the Patrons, the Ashburnham Christian Trust, seek to appoint a priest-in-charge for the benefice of Ashburnham and Penhurst, which comprises St Peter’s Ashburnham and St Michael the Archangel Penhurst.
A priest-in-charge is sought for the benefice but with principal pastoral responsibility for the worshipping community at St Peter’s Ashburnham, Penhurst having the benefit of an honorary curate in charge. Each parish has its own PCC. St Peter’s is geographically sited within Ashburnham Place, a renowned interdenominational Christian conference and prayer centre.
The successful applicant will be:
- An energetic and visionary evangelical priest equipped to lead this very rural community into further growth and vitality.
- Someone who is prayerfully under the hand of the Holy Spirit, mission minded, committed to spiritual growth, discipleship and whose life and teaching accords with Scripture.
- Willing actively to support, uphold and encourage the Book of Common Prayer tradition at Penhurst.
- Able to relate to people of all ages, provide leadership and to encourage and develop leadership in others with a willingness to share collaboratively in the life and work of the church.
- Prepared to engage with the Ashburnham Christian Trust at Ashburnham Place and the local Ashburnham Chapel to further the Kingdom of God in the Parish.
- Prepared to take part in the wider life of the village community and the deanery.
A delightful four bedroom house is being made available via the Ashburnham Thanksgiving Trust.
The full details are obtainable from
The Archdeacon of Lewes & Hastings,
The Ven. Philip Jones,
East Sussex TN22 2EH
to whom completed applications should be sent
Enhanced DBS disclosure required