We are an evangelical charismatic Anglican network church in Mid Sussex. We are looking to employ an inspirational youth leader with a natural ability to relate to young people, and with relevant experience.
The successful applicant will head up our work with 11-18 year olds in schools, our church and the local community. The role involves leading and managing a team of committed volunteers and working as a member of our staff team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a passion to see young people grow and meet with Jesus.
Qualifications/training in youth work is desirable but not essential.
£22,000 - £25,000 depending on qualifications and experience.
To find out more about The Point please visit: thepointchurch.co.uk
Closing Date: Friday 12 April 2019
Interviews week beginning Monday 29 April
Contract: Full Time
For more information and an application pack please email Barbara at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01444 230830 for an informal discussion.
It is a genuine occupational requirement that the post holder is a practising Christian.
St Mary Magdalene & St Denys
Youth and Children Worker, Midhurst Parish Church
A new full-time post
Salary range £25,225 - £26,718
Midhurst Parish Church is at the heart of the community in Midhurst, West Sussex and is an Anglican Church within the Diocese of Chichester. Midhurst is an historic market town in the South Downs National Park. We have been expanding our engagement with children and young people and now have a vision for a linked pathway of thriving age-appropriate activities to engage children and young people through their schooldays, and beyond, so that they have a lifetime’s appreciation of Jesus’ presence in their lives. We want to enable them to know, love and to follow Jesus.
To help us to achieve this we wish to employ a full-time Youth and Children Worker to support a growing band of volunteers.
For an application pack please contact email@example.com
Closing date: Wednesday 24th April 2019
Interviews will be held in Midhurst on Saturday 4th May 2019
The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check before appointment and the position is subject to satisfactory references and a probation period. It is an occupational requirement of this role that the post holder is a committed Christian. We are only able to consider applicants who are already permitted to and can provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK.
Introduction & Role Purpose
The purpose of this role is to lead and have oversight of the youth ministry based at St Mary’s Broadwater. We are currently in the process of developing our strategy for youth work across all three church sites and this is something we would envisage the Youth Pastor to be part of. The Youth Pastor will also contribute to Sunday service leading and preaching.
- Continue to train and develop the existing group of youth team leaders and helpers and encourage the participation of new team members.
- Lead, oversee, and take responsibility for weekly youth ministries, projects, and special events, plus annual events and conferences (e.g. New Wine, Big Church Day Out, Soul Survivor).
- To continue the work and development of the youth groups on Tuesday and Sunday evenings and other evenings developed by you and the team.
- Play an active role in the Worthing-wide youth initiative ‘Unite’.
- Train and mentor young people to lead and serve within their own youth group and in other settings (e.g. CUs).
- Develop links with secondary schools and colleges, maintaining current links, particularly with St Andrew’s School, taking a lead in assemblies.
- Develop relationships with parents and young people and provide regular communication and training.
- Use social media and visual communication.
- Ensure the youth work complies with safeguarding regulations.
- Manage and work within the youth financial budget and any other relevant budgets.
- Contribute to preaching, service leading, teaching, pastoral work, and administration as necessary.
- Serve on any church committees as required.
- Participate in scheduled staff meetings and staff development times.
- Pursue ongoing professional development through church leadership/youth leader networks and attend at least one church leadership/youth conference per year.
- The Youth Pastor will be allocated a line manager, which would usually be one of the clergy.
Terms & Conditions
Employed by: Broadwater PCC
Responsible to: The Rector
Length of Contract: Permanent (subject to a 6 month probationary period)
Information: There is currently funding in place to fund this role for two years, with the hope that future funding can be secured.
Conditions: It is a genuine occupational requirement that the person appointed is a Bible-believing and practising Christian. Appointment is subject to DBS approval. Start Date: January 2019 (later start date negotiable)
Place of Work: The church offices in the Parish Centre, St Mary’s Church, and other locations on occasion.
Work Hours: The role is 40 hours per week, including Sunday hours. Week day working hours to be agreed with your line manager. Due to the nature of the role flexibility will be required.
Salary: £21-25k per annum depending on experience plus pension provision.
Holiday Allowance: 25 days plus bank holidays.
We are looking for someone with the following characteristics/skills:
- A committed, evangelical Christian – where Jesus is central.
- Good character, integrity, a consistent personal devotional life and open to the gifts of the Spirit.
- A recognised theology or ministry qualification or evidence of other appropriate theological training. • At least 2-3 years experience of leadership in a church context, including experience of working with young people (ideally with experience leading and co-ordinating youth work).
- A heart for pastoring, discipling, and teaching young people and encouraging them to flourish in their faith.
- Demonstrate a genuine love for and maintain a good rapport with young people.
- Be sensitive to the needs and pressures of teens with a knowledge of possible solutions.
- A gifted communicator who can teach the Bible creatively and relevantly to young people.
- A proven ability to lead and inspire teams and evidence of being a team player.
- Competent in Microsoft Office.
- Enhanced DBS Clearance.
- Ability to work with and relate easily with people of various ages, backgrounds & abilities.
- Ability to relate to young people in a relevant way whilst remaining appropriately professional and strictly observing the diocesan child safeguarding policies and data protection policies.
- Ability & proven track record of creating and sustaining teams of volunteers and initiating new programmes.
- Ability to cultivate persons with leadership potential.
- Ability to work with the staff and committees in a team environment.
- Ability to reasonably organise and administrate responsibilities and work within a budget.
- Musical ability and proficiency in an instrument is desireable but not essential.
For an application form or any questions please contact Bethany Hayes: firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Luke’s Prestonville is looking for a creative, dynamic Christian to come and help us with our mission here in Brighton. Our ideal candidate will be an energetic self-starter and a good team player with vision and initiative who is also a good communicator.
This is a salaried position and the work pattern will be flexible, for 20 hours per week with some evening and weekend working. Activities currently established include a well-attended parent and toddler group, a mid-week club for children aged 7-11, and Sunday School activities for all ages up to 14. There is regular contact with the local primary and independent schools.
St. Luke’s is an informal and contemporary Anglican church just north of Brighton station near Seven Dials and Preston Circus. We are part of the Inclusive Church Network and welcome applicants with a culturally diverse background.
We have a passion for putting God’s word into action through the things that we do and there’s a lot happening here every week in addition to the Sunday services. Most of all we aim to live out what we believe and are enthusiastic about living lives that demonstrate the love of God.
Please email email@example.com for a job description or click here
It is a genuine occupational requirement that the post holder is Christian Deadline for applications is midday 31st March and interviews will be held during April.
The post will begin in May or June of 2019 and is expected to last for three years.
St. Luke’s Prestonville, 64 Old Shoreham Road, Brighton, BN1 5DD www.stlukesonline.co.uk 01273 557772
We are looking to employ a Families worker Part time and term time only 18 hours per week (plus 5 days in school holidays) Salary of £12 per hour
An exciting opportunity for somebody to deepen and expand worship, educational and social activities for the children and young people of St Peter’s and the local community
A full job description can be found on our website https://www.stpeterswestblatchington.org.uk/jobs/ Please email a covering letter and your CV to Father Daniel Smith firstname.lastname@example.org
Or post to:
Father Daniel Smith The Rectory 23 Windmill Close Hove BN3 7LJ
Closing date: 30th April, 2019
Interviews: May 2019
Enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this post.
It is a genuine occupational requirement that the post holder is Christian.