- Excellent reach into the local community, with many opportunities for mission.
- Outstanding two-form entry Voluntary Aided Primary School with strong links to the church.
- Considerable resources, including church hall facilities at both churches.
- A capable team of lay leadership
- A Team Vicar based at St Michael’s – this appointment will be made by the new Team Rector in conjunction with the Bishop.The post is currently designated as House for Duty.
- Be a priest who will help us ‘to know Christ and make him known’ (our parish strapline)
- Develop mission and evangelism within Bexhill.
- Be a collaborative, transparent and inclusive leader
- Promote Christian teaching, nurture and worship.
- Have organisational and administrative skills.
Team Rector of Bexhill
The Bexhill Team Ministry includes two churches. St Peter’s (Grade II* listed, ER 222) is the ancient and civic parish church of Bexhill, founded in 772.St Michael’s (ER 85) was built in 1930 and is a smaller community-oriented church, serving the expanding suburb of Pebsham.St Peter’s is situated in the picturesque environment of the Old Town, within a short distance of the town centre and seaside, but the parish also contains areas of considerable deprivation. The tradition could be described as ‘moderate catholic’ but includes people from a wide range of backgrounds.There is a strong choral tradition at St Peter’s, and children’s work is undertaken at both churches.
We can offer:
We are seeking a Team Rector who will:
Parish Profile available from Marc Sacher or on diocesan website. email@example.com
Please contact the Venerable Dr Edward Dowler, Archdeacon of Hastings, if you would like to have an informal conversation about this post: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 1st June 2021
Interviews: 21st June 2021