Loving God, Loving Community
St Mary’s Walberton has a choir of 13 people with a usual attendance of 9 people on a Sunday. We are in need of a choir leader and organist. We have a number of supporting organists who can cover absences, and Sunday evenings as necessary.
- supporting the choir led weekly 9am Traditional service three times a months with a more informal Family Service once a month at 10.30am for which we might develop a children’s choir.
- playing twice a month at the 6pm evening service (or 10.30am informal service).
- playing at the major festivals (often in the evening) at Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Ascension and Christmas Eve/Day
- Leading our weekly choir practice on a Friday evening.
- The PCC has agreed to pay the RSCM rate for a rural church which is between £2,180 and £3,925 depending on whether the organist is vocational or professional. This will be negotiable depending on previous salary and experience and the number of services to be played.
- There are also handful of weddings and funerals each year where the organist charges the RSCM rate presently £80. These could be covered by others if necessary.
- We would expect to use the RSCM contract as the basis for terms and conditions including 6 weeks paid holiday.
This post will require a DBS check at enhanced level.