Organist required for St Botolph’s Church, Heene, Worthing.
Sunday Sung Eucharist at 10am, plus Holy Days, occasional Evensong, weddings and funerals. Duties include accompanying the choir and congregation for the Hymns, Psalm (Anglican chant), Anthem and Communion setting. Settings used include Thorne (Mass of St Thomas), Schubert (German Mass), Shephard (Addington Service) and Merbecke. The New English Hymnal is used, with occasional modern hymns.
Two-manual Walker pipe organ and two-manual Eminent electronic organ. Remuneration at RSCM rates, dependent upon experience. Separate rates for weddings and funerals.
The parish is situated in the north of Bexhill, small in area and population, but people from all over the town come to our church because of its Open Evangelical ethos. We are looking for a priest, male or female, who loves God and will love His people and enable us to develop and share our faith.
We are seeking someone who is
- firm in the faith, committed to the Word of God and open to the guidance of the Holy Spirit
- in the mainstream of evangelical tradition and able to embrace a spectrum of churchmanship
- a preacher who can open the Scriptures to old and new Christians alike
- caring of all ages within the church family and the parish
- an encourager of growth, particularly among younger people through our Messy Church and Parent and Toddler Group
- someone who is capable of developing a vision for making our late Victorian church building and nineteen-thirties parish centre more suitable for present day worship and other activities
We can offer
- a welcoming church family
- a staff team of two retired female clergy (with occasional support from others) and a Reader
- a four-bedroomed detached vicarage adjacent to the church
Parish profile: www.ststephensbexhill.com
Application form from Marc Sacher, PA to the Archdeacon of Hastings: email@example.com
The Ven Dr Edward Dowler, Archdeacon of Hastings is available for informal enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 31st January 2019
Interviews: 13 February 2019