The parish is situated in the north of Bexhill, small in area and population, but people from all over the town come to our church because of its Open Evangelical ethos. We are looking for a priest, male or female, who loves God and will love His people and enable us to develop and share our faith.
We are seeking someone who is
- firm in the faith, committed to the Word of God and open to the guidance of the Holy Spirit
- in the mainstream of evangelical tradition and able to embrace a spectrum of churchmanship
- a preacher who can open the Scriptures to old and new Christians alike
- caring of all ages within the church family and the parish
- an encourager of growth, particularly among younger people through our Messy Church and Parent and Toddler Group
- someone who is capable of developing a vision for making our late Victorian church building and nineteen-thirties parish centre more suitable for present day worship and other activities
We can offer
- a welcoming church family
- a staff team of two retired female clergy (with occasional support from others) and a Reader
- a four-bedroomed detached vicarage adjacent to the church
Parish profile: www.ststephensbexhill.com
Application form from Marc Sacher, PA to the Archdeacon of Hastings: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ven Dr Edward Dowler, Archdeacon of Hastings is available for informal enquiries: email@example.com
Closing date: 31st January 2019
Interviews: 13 February 2019
Organist required for St Botolph’s Church, Heene, Worthing.
Sunday Sung Eucharist at 10am, plus Holy Days, occasional Evensong, weddings and funerals. Duties include accompanying the choir and congregation for the Hymns, Psalm (Anglican chant), Anthem and Communion setting. Settings used include Thorne (Mass of St Thomas), Schubert (German Mass), Shephard (Addington Service) and Merbecke. The New English Hymnal is used, with occasional modern hymns.
Two-manual Walker pipe organ and two-manual Eminent electronic organ. Remuneration at RSCM rates, dependent upon experience. Separate rates for weddings and funerals.
Part-time Parish Administrator
Are you looking for a part-time admin job? Midhurst Parish Church has a vacancy for a part-time Parish Administrator. The post is for 10 hours a week at a pay rate of £10 an hour. For further details and to apply online go to the church website: http://midhurstparishchurch.net/
Or for a paper recruitment pack, phone the Parish Office at St Ann’s Hall, Midhurst on 01730-815356.
To find out more about the life of Midhurst Parish Church go to its Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/MidhurstChurch/
If you’d like to discuss further details please contact Mike Abbott on 01730-814857 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date is Thursday 3 January 2019.
The United Benefice of St Peter’s Henfield with St Giles’ Shermanbury and St Peter’s Woodmancote
“Learning living and sharing God’s Love”
Director Of Music And Organist For St Peter’s Church Henfield
The parish church of St Peter’s is situated in the vibrant West Sussex village of Henfield. We are seeking an enthusiastic and gifted musician who will make a significant contribution to our worshipping life. The musical life of the parish includes a Sung Eucharist 3 Sundays a month, a Non – Eucharistic Family Service on the first Sunday of each month, the usual Festivals, and Choral Evensong, which rotates around the churches of the benefice on the 5th Sunday. There are plans to review Sunday afternoon/evening worship. In addition, there are a good number of weddings and funerals (13 weddings and 22 funerals during 2017) in church.
The PCC is keen for the choral tradition to be re-established at St Peter’s church, with an emphasis on developing a children’s and young people’s choir. The successful candidate will have the skill and commitment required to develop the opportunities that our partnership with St Peter’s Church of England Primary school has that will support the recruitment of a new children’s and adult choir.
Music is an important part of our life together as a church, and the successful candidate will be someone who can embrace a broad range of musical styles. They will be a choir director who can recruit, develop, and encourage singers of all ages. They will develop the musical life of the church and be excited by the opportunities that this post brings. Salary will be based on RSCM guidelines, plus fees. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
For an informal discussion, for further details, or to apply please contact.
The Revd Paul Doick | 01273 492017 | email@example.com
Loving God, Loving Community
St Mary’s Walberton has a choir of 13 people with a usual attendance of 9 people on a Sunday. We are in need of a choir leader and organist. We have a number of supporting organists who can cover absences, and Sunday evenings as necessary.
- supporting the choir led weekly 9am Traditional service three times a months with a more informal Family Service once a month at 10.30am for which we might develop a children’s choir.
- playing twice a month at the 6pm evening service (or 10.30am informal service).
- playing at the major festivals (often in the evening) at Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Ascension and Christmas Eve/Day
- Leading our weekly choir practice on a Friday evening.
- The PCC has agreed to pay the RSCM rate for a rural church which is between £2,180 and £3,925 depending on whether the organist is vocational or professional. This will be negotiable depending on previous salary and experience and the number of services to be played.
- There are also handful of weddings and funerals each year where the organist charges the RSCM rate presently £80. These could be covered by others if necessary.
- We would expect to use the RSCM contract as the basis for terms and conditions including 6 weeks paid holiday.
This post will require a DBS check at enhanced level.