The United Benefice of St Peter’s Henfield with St Giles’ Shermanbury and St Peter’s Woodmancote
“Learning living and sharing God’s Love”
Director Of Music And Organist For St Peter’s Church Henfield
The parish church of St Peter’s is situated in the vibrant West Sussex village of Henfield. We are seeking an enthusiastic and gifted musician who will make a significant contribution to our worshipping life. The musical life of the parish includes a Sung Eucharist 3 Sundays a month, a Non – Eucharistic Family Service on the first Sunday of each month, the usual Festivals, and Choral Evensong, which rotates around the churches of the benefice on the 5th Sunday. There are plans to review Sunday afternoon/evening worship. In addition, there are a good number of weddings and funerals (13 weddings and 22 funerals during 2017) in church.
The PCC is keen for the choral tradition to be re-established at St Peter’s church, with an emphasis on developing a children’s and young people’s choir. The successful candidate will have the skill and commitment required to develop the opportunities that our partnership with St Peter’s Church of England Primary school has that will support the recruitment of a new children’s and adult choir.
Music is an important part of our life together as a church, and the successful candidate will be someone who can embrace a broad range of musical styles. They will be a choir director who can recruit, develop, and encourage singers of all ages. They will develop the musical life of the church and be excited by the opportunities that this post brings. Salary will be based on RSCM guidelines, plus fees. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
For an informal discussion, for further details, or to apply please contact.
The Revd Paul Doick | 01273 492017 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Loving God, Loving Community
St Mary’s Walberton has a choir of 13 people with a usual attendance of 9 people on a Sunday. We are in need of a choir leader and organist. We have a number of supporting organists who can cover absences, and Sunday evenings as necessary.
- supporting the choir led weekly 9am Traditional service three times a months with a more informal Family Service once a month at 10.30am for which we might develop a children’s choir.
- playing twice a month at the 6pm evening service (or 10.30am informal service).
- playing at the major festivals (often in the evening) at Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Ascension and Christmas Eve/Day
- Leading our weekly choir practice on a Friday evening.
- The PCC has agreed to pay the RSCM rate for a rural church which is between £2,180 and £3,925 depending on whether the organist is vocational or professional. This will be negotiable depending on previous salary and experience and the number of services to be played.
- There are also handful of weddings and funerals each year where the organist charges the RSCM rate presently £80. These could be covered by others if necessary.
- We would expect to use the RSCM contract as the basis for terms and conditions including 6 weeks paid holiday.
This post will require a DBS check at enhanced level.
Part-time Parish Administrator
Are you looking for a part-time admin job? Midhurst Parish Church has a vacancy for a part-time Parish Administrator. The post is for 10 hours a week at a pay rate of £10 an hour. For further details and to apply online go to the church website: http://midhurstparishchurch.net/
Or for a paper recruitment pack, phone the Parish Office at St Ann’s Hall, Midhurst on 01730-815356.
To find out more about the life of Midhurst Parish Church go to its Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/MidhurstChurch/
If you’d like to discuss further details please contact Mike Abbott on 01730-814857 or email email@example.com
The closing date is Thursday 3 January 2019.
Contract: Permanent, part time
Location: A large village 3 miles east of Lewes, next to Glyndebourne, on the edge of the South Downs National Park
We are seeking Christian musicians to help us develop our worship to meet the needs of all age groups within our community, whilst keeping many of our existing traditional and varied musical forms of worship appreciated by our regular worshippers.
We are looking for:
- a talented musician with a passion for playing our very fine organ (3 manual by Hill, Norman and Beard, 1922, major rebuild 1989 and in excellent order).
- an inspirational leader who will work enthusiastically with our dedicated choir in shaping our worship for the future, using a range of musical styles
- an innovator, enthusiastically providing encouragement and opportunities to develop worship that’s attractive and relevant across our community especially for our young people
If one or more of these roles could be for you, please don’t delay – get in touch to find out more.
St. Augustine of Canterbury, Cooden Drive, Bexhill On Sea.
Organist and Choir Director.
We are seeking to appoint a Organist and Choir Director to continue to enhance our musical tradition.
Modern Catholic tradition.
Rates in accordance with RSCM recommendations and qualifications + fees.
More information from: Fr. Robert Coates, SSC. 01424 210 785 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org