- be able to inspire and motivate our present and future church members by their example and leadership.
- place the Eucharist at the centre of our worship.
- be sensitive to the traditions of both our churches, but have imaginative ideas as to how we might grow in faith and build our church family.
- relate to congregations of all ages and needs – the elderly as well as children and young adults.
- understand and empathise with families, their issues and concerns, especially with all the tensions that the present pandemic has created in our society.
- develop further links with the local community, other churches and denominations to further the work of Christ in the community.
- have a thorough knowledge of theology and scripture, and the confidence to educate, instruct and debate on important theological and liturgical matters from the pulpit and to encourage Enquirer Groups.
- recognise the priority of revitalizing both our churches at this difficult time.
- appreciate the importance of strengthening the links with our Church Aided School and other schools in the parish.
- have good administrative skills and interpersonal skills commensurate with running two churches.
- be comfortable with the use of IT, which is used extensively for communication and parish administration.
- be committed to following the Safeguarding principles of the Church of England.
Incumbent of the Parish of St Wilfrid's, Haywards Heath
The parish of St Wilfrid's Haywards Heath seek a new Incumbent for this two-church benefice in a thriving town with a strong Church school.
Our new Rector will be an inspirational, creative and energetic leader who will work with us to enhance all aspects of our parish life through the continuation of our shared Christian love, fellowship and worship.
We are looking to appoint someone who will:
Application deadline: 9am Friday 21st May
Contact: Amanda Belcher (PA to Bishop of Horsham)