The Bishop of Chichester wishes to appoint a part-time Priest in Charge (3.5 days per week including all or part of Sunday with 21 days holiday) for an exceptional rural parish that eagerly seeks a servant leader for a village Church that has been sharing God’s love in its community for more than 1000 years
• Loving, welcoming Church • Vibrant village community • 300-year-established Church primary school • Modern, spacious rectory with stunning views • One of the most beautiful church buildings in Sussex
WITH CARE, PRAYERFULNESS & HUMILITY YOU will encourage, collaborate, inspire & nurture
Application Form and Parish Profile available from The Ven Fiona Windsor, The Archdeacon of Horsham, 20 Langley Lane, Ifield, Crawley RH11 0NA Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Midday, Friday 5 April 2019
Our semi-rural parish (population: 6,500 with a further projected 2,000) is located in a beautiful area of East Sussex near to the South Downs and the coast, close to the town of Hailsham.
We have two churches: St Peter and Paul, Hellingly (Grade 1 listed) and Holy Trinity, Upper Dicker; combined Electoral Roll: 136. The tradition is central. There is an active parish life, with a variety of groups and parish events.
We are hoping and praying for a priest who will be:
- a good communicator and listener committed to sharing the gospel and inspiring others to take part in church life.
- willing to welcome new residents and encourage the inclusion of children.
- a good leader, able to encourage, develop and motivate church members and staff, recognising the importance of different styles of worship.
For an informal conversation, please contact
The Ven Dr Edward Dowler, Archdeacon of Hastings: email@example.com
For an application form and the parish profile please contact
Marc Sacher(PA to the archdeacon of Hastings): firstname.lastname@example.org.
An enhanced DBS check will be required for this post.
(Stipendiary, Full -time)
All Saints Patcham with the Ascension Westdene
Deanery of Brighton
The large and diverse parish of Patcham, in the north of Brighton, is seeking to appoint a new associate vicar to work with the incumbent to provide missional leadership to the unreached areas of the parish and to have particular responsibility for the life of Ascension, Westdene. This is a great opportunity for someone who would like to prioritise mission without the responsibility of incumbency.
The appointed priest will be:
- Rooted in the evangelical tradition with a love of scripture as the foundation for life and ministry and a heart to share the love of Jesus;
- Open to personal change and transformation through a life of prayer
- Willing to think about outreach and mission in creative and innovative ways;
- Good at forming relationships with those beyond church life;
- A good team player and good at enabling others;
- A skilled communicator;
- Able to think strategically and plan for long-term growth.
- A lover of people
For an informal conversation contact the Archdeacon of Brighton & Lewes, Ven Martin Lloyd-Williams on 01273 425691
For an application pack, contact Marc Sacher, PA to the Archdeacon of Brighton and Lewes, at email@example.com
Applications to be received by 29th March 2019
Interviews on 15th April 2019
The Bishop of Chichester is seeking to appoint an Incumbent for the popular seaside village of Rustington, West Sussex.
VICAR OF THE PARISH OF RUSTINGTON
- A warm welcoming church family.
- A recently re-ordered worship space within a beautiful ancient church.
- A wealth of parish activities.
- Enthusiastic willing teams of volunteers.
We are praying for a priest who will:
- Be inclusive of all ages, views and traditions.
- Be a strong leader with effective communication skills.
- Maintain a Eucharistic church whilst also introducing new ideas and services.
- Appreciate the importance of a range of music in worship.
Is this parish for you? Why not find out more?
Parish Profile and application papers from Sue Atkins, PA to the Acting Archdeacons of Chichester, Diocesan Church House, 211 New Church Road, Hove, BN3 4ED.
All completed applications to be sent please to Lucy Hudson, The Palace, Chichester, PO19 1PY (firstname.lastname@example.org)
An enhanced DBS disclosure is required.
Closing date for applications: 13th March 2019
Interviews will be held on 27th March 2019.
A lovely single parish just north of the historic Sussex town of Lewes is looking for an interim priest for a period of up to two years. The parish has committed lay leadership, two beautiful churches and a good parsonage house located in Offham.
We are looking for a parish priest who
- Enjoys rural ministry
- Is a person of prayer
- Enjoys community life
- Is skilled liturgically
- Communicates the gospel naturally
- Has organisational gifts
- Understands the process of change management
For an informal conversation, contact Ven Martin Lloyd Williams: email@example.com 07732 676273
For an application pack, contact Marc Sacher: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application by 22nd March 2019
Interviews on Tuesday 9th April 2019