- We are looking for a Vicar who is at ease with both traditional and contemporary forms of worship and a weekly Sunday Holy Communion.
- We value the importance of contemplative prayer and worship.
- The position would suit someone who recognises the importance of pastoral ministry and would want to share in village life.
- Through a recently completed major project to restore the Bloomsbury paintings at Berwick church. This will promote the relationship between the arts, creativity and faith, and provide a place of retreat for small groups and caring charities.
- Through the development of the recently created ‘Cuckmere Pilgrim Path’ which links the five churches and two adjacent parishes of Alfriston and Lullington.
Associate Vicar (HfD) for the Benefice Arlington, Berwick, Selmeston-cum-Alciston and Wilmington
The Benefice is looking for an Associate Vicar (male or female) who will work(2.5 days) with the Rector, Revd Peter Blee, and the laity in these five small rural villages to provide a ministry accessible to all who live in these beautiful villages. Their main responsibility will be the churches of Arlington and Wilmington. Arlington are currently looking into a re-ordering to strengthen links with Arlington Village and widen possibilities for community use
The benefice is also interested in extending its ministry more widely in two ways.
The Assistant Priest will live in the vicarage at Wilmington and assistance with the garden is offered. Clergy expenses are paid in full.
The parishes are situated between Lewes and Eastbourne and there is a station at Berwick and at Polegate with a direct service to London Victoria and Brighton.
We welcome informal enquiries, please do phone or email – or come and visit. Revd Peter Blee 01323 870 512