The parish is situated in the north of Bexhill, small in area and population, but people from all over the town come to our church because of its Open Evangelical ethos. We are looking for a priest, male or female, who loves God and will love His people and enable us to develop and share our faith.
We are seeking someone who is
- firm in the faith, committed to the Word of God and open to the guidance of the Holy Spirit
- in the mainstream of evangelical tradition and able to embrace a spectrum of churchmanship
- a preacher who can open the Scriptures to old and new Christians alike
- caring of all ages within the church family and the parish
- an encourager of growth, particularly among younger people through our Messy Church and Parent and Toddler Group
- someone who is capable of developing a vision for making our late Victorian church building and nineteen-thirties parish centre more suitable for present day worship and other activities
We can offer
- a welcoming church family
- a staff team of two retired female clergy (with occasional support from others) and a Reader
- a four-bedroomed detached vicarage adjacent to the church
Parish profile: www.ststephensbexhill.com
Application form from Marc Sacher, PA to the Archdeacon of Hastings: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ven Dr Edward Dowler, Archdeacon of Hastings is available for informal enquiries: email@example.com
Closing date: 31st January 2019
Interviews: 13 February 2019
The Churchwardens of St Andrew & St Mary the Virgin, Fletching, East Sussex are seeking to appoint an organist from 1st January 2019.
Duties would involve playing at the Sunday Eucharist (10am) and at weddings and funerals, as needed. The New English Hymnal and Ancient & Modern are both used and the St Thomas Mass (David Thorne) is a regular part of the service. Where there is a fifth Sunday in the month, the service is contemplative, and without music.
An adult choir (not robed) leads the singing of hymns and there is a practice on the first Wednesday of every month.
The organ is of two manuals and built by Foster and Andrews in 1881.
Remuneration would be in line with RSCM recommendations with separate rates for funerals and weddings.
For enquiries please contact Peter Wigan (Churchwarden) on 01825 723415 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org