The Communications Department is able to offer tailor-made training on a wide variety of subjects. We are able to come to parishes, deaneries, or clergy chapters or alternatively sessions can be arranged at Church House to suit you.
Some of the areas we can cover include:
- Social Media
- An introduction to parish communications: Why bother? Publications. Using the media. Suitable for those who would like to develop a communications strategy in their church or for anyone already involved in communication work
- Communications health check: how is your church communicating itself and what happens in the parish to visitors? How do you create a user-friendly church? We visit your church to observe, discuss, and make suggestions
- Parish magazines
- Dealing with the media
- Writing for the web
- Church noticeboards
- Back to Church Sunday
Any sessions can be adapted to meet your specific needs. Just contact us in the Communications Department to discuss your particular requirements (01273 425791 or 07775022461)
In some cases there may be a small charge to cover costs.
Tailor Made Communications Training offered by the national Church of England Communications Unit
Communications training courses can be found at www.churchcommstraining.org
The training is tailor made to help churches make the most of modern media to get their message across. Whether it's radio or TV interviews, getting to grips with the internet and modern media, promoting your local church or giving your public speaking an audit, they have the insights and experience that will help.
They match what they offer to your specific situation and level of experience, so whether you have local, regional or national responsibilities they have something to suit you. Each course takes the form of a small group workshop, so you can expect individual attention from their expert tutors.
Sometimes you need training to be delivered at your church or office, either because you have a team you want to train together or you have a specific issue you wish to cover. They can arrange for one of their expert tutors to visit you where you are, and tailor your training package so it meets your needs exactly.
They can offer a wide range of bespoke training, including:
- Issues/Crisis management
- Bishops and diocesan senior staff media skills training
- Media interview training (TV and radio)
- Presentation and communications skills workshops
If you would like bespoke training, call on 020 7898 1465 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an initial discussion about your training needs.