Many of us will have to mark the beginning of Lent from home this year. Whilst this will be frustrating for many, the lockdown also gives us the opportunity to enter more deeply into this ancient day and season. To help you set it apart we have published some resources below, that can be used by individuals or as a family at home. These include:
- A simple Family liturgy for Ash Wednesday, including an act of penance and the rite of ashing
- Join the household of faith across the diocese on the hour from 7am – 6pm for 5 minutes of prayer for various groups of people in need of our prayers including our NHS staff, the bereaved and the lonely (published on our social media channels on the 17 February)
- 3 short reflections from the Bishops on the Lenten disciplines of Fasting, Penance and Prayer.
- A practical guide to fasting by Bishop Ruth
- Web links to other resources for children, adults and families.
- Penance (Bishop Martin)
- Prayer (Bishop Will)