Living Faith is a part-time course spread over three terms. It is designed to help people find and grow in the discipleship to which God is calling them. The course will look at the following areas:
• God’s kingdom and what it means to be the church
• How we apply our faith to life
• What ministry is and how we can find and develop our own ministry
• What are our own gifts and skills and how we can use them with others
• How the Bible, prayer and working with others can support our ministry
• Ways of working together that can enrich the ministry of the whole church
• How small groups work
• The challenge of mission and how we can share our faith as churches and as individuals
The course is open to anyone who wants to grow and develop in Christian discipleship and ministry. It is not a ‘Christian Basics’ course and is designed for people with some years of Christian discipleship behind them and who have some self-awareness and emotional stability. Course participants will be expected to have some Biblical understandings on which to build and to give and receive feedback about their participation in group work.
Cost: £40 for waged (free to unwaged, retired or students).
Living Faith is also part-one of the Authorised Lay Ministry training programme http://www.chichester.anglican.org/Authorised-Lay-Ministry and candidates who wish to train as ALM’s need first to complete Living Faith.
Applications to Living Faith need to be made by 1st December 2019 - Please apply below via Eventbrite.
More information can be found using links in the blue boxes below.