Advent Sunday this year will mark the beginning of the ‘Year of Prayer’, which is a Diocesan initiative to help us to develop and deepen the life of prayer and spirituality within the Diocese with a particular emphasis on building bridges between our personal and corporate prayer, thus enabling us better to pray our worship.
Throughout the year a programme of activities and events will take place to help parishes engage with the year where they can. The links below will enable you to download some information to get an early look at the planned activities and will give a flavour of what’s to come. Further resources will be added in due course.
- Year of Prayer 2018 – an overview of the year
- A Way of Living - by Bishop Martin (see resources in right hand side panel)
- Prayer card launch
- Prayer card pack
- Lent course summary
- Ignatian prayer - this full course is available to download now
- Cathedral Pilgrimage - The Cathedral booking form
- Clergy Study Days - book now
- Schools flyer
- Youth flyer
- Week of prayer application form
- Week of guided prayer guidance notes
- For Prayer Guides: The resource book of documents for a Week of Guided Prayer
- For Participants: The resource book of documents for a Week of Guided Prayer
- Pathways in prayer resource sheets
Dates for your diary: A Pilgrimage programme has been planned for the Diocesan Year of Prayer 2018. As part of this there will be Pilgrimages from each of the four Archdeaconries. Further information, travel and booking details are being finalised and will be available and communicated in due course.
19 May: Archdeaconry of Brighton and Lewes led by Bishop Richard and Archdeacon Martin
9 June: Archdeaconry of Chichester led by Bishop Mark and Archdeacon Douglas
14 July: Archdeaconry of Horsham led by Bishop Mark and Archdeacon Fiona
15 September: Archdeaconry of Hastings led by Bishop Richard and Archdeacon Edward
Booking information TBC