St Augustine’s College of Theology
Part-time (24 hours per week (0.6FTE)) Salary: £23,000 (pro rated)
St Augustine’s College of Theology is seeking an Academic Registrar to work primarily either at its Southwark office or at its location in West Malling, Kent.
St Augustine’s College of Theology serves the Church of England Dioceses in the Southeast, principally Rochester, Southwark, London, Chichester and Canterbury, providing education and training for those seeking ordained or licensed lay ministry. The college also offers its Certificate, Diploma, BA, and MA courses, accredited by the University of Durham, to students interested in the study of theology and to ordained clergy and licensed lay ministers who are pursuing their in-service professional development.
The Academic Registrar’s responsibilities include:
- Registration of students with the University of Durham
- Academic administration of student programmes (including assignment procedures and marking processes)
- Production of student programme guides and academic policy documents • Maintenance of Academic Records
- Supporting and developing IT provision (including Moodle and Distance Learning)
- Administrative support for the Director of Studies, Chair of Exam Board, and the Board of Studies
- Participation in the worshipping life of the college
The successful candidate will have:
- A high level of administrative skill
- Facility for liaising between institutions
- Interest and aptitude for educational administration
- Enthusiasm for innovation, and for building and maintaining administrative systems
- Experience of successful collaborative work
- Excellent IT skills, sufficient to support development of electronic educational resources
The ethos and purpose of St Augustine’s is fundamentally Christian. We operate on the grounds of Malling Abbey in Kent and within the offices of the Church of England’s Southwark diocese. As an educational organisation, we also seek to model a worshipping Christian community for our students. The post-holder will be expected to be comfortable participating in different styles of Christian worship in the course of their employment.
For full details and further information, please email Rebecca Young at email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: 15th June, 2018 Visit and interview: to be confirmed.