St Barnabas House provides specialist palliative care to adults in the Worthing, Adur, Arun and Henfield areas through a range of services, including in-patient care, day hospice and community care.
Pastoral Care Assistant (Chaplaincy and Spiritual Care
20 hours per week
£11,653 - £12,314 pa (depending on experience) (£21,850 - £23,090 FTE per annum)
St Barnabas House
We are looking for a theologically and pastorally competent person, who is grounded in their own faith tradition and theologically inclusive, to assist in the provision of spiritual and emotional support to patients who are under the care of the hospice, together with their families and carers.
This role will include:
- Assessing the spiritual, psychological and religious needs of patients, their family members and carers, planning interventions accordingly
- Providing spiritual and pastoral support and advice to patients, their family members and carers
- Providing religious services within the hospice
- Participating in and, where appropriate, taking responsibility for events linked to the hospice’s provision of bereavement support
- The provision of emergency chaplaincy cover to Chestnut Tree House
Closing date: 27th June 2018
Interview Date: 3rd July (am) and 5th July (am)
An enhanced DBS will be sought, if you are successful in this role.
The safe recruitment of staff at St Barnabas Hospices is the first step to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults in our care. As an employer we expect all staff and volunteers to share our commitment to safeguarding.
- Enrolment onto our company pension scheme or the option to continue in the NHS pension scheme
- Up to 35 days’ (FTE) annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Free parking
- On-site education support
- Free clinical indemnity insurance cover
- Option to join Healthcare Cash Plan
- Corporate Rate Gym Membership
Please visit www.stbh.org.uk/jobs for an application form and job description.
Please complete the application form in as much detail as possible as we use this form to shortlist candidates. We do not require any other documents at this stage but we will ask for evidence of your right to work in the UK at interview and evidence of all qualifications you identify in your application form.
The United Benefice of St Peter’s Henfield with St Giles’ Shermanbury and St Peter’s Woodmancote
“Learning living and sharing God’s Love”
DIRECTOR OF MUSIC AND ORGANIST for ST PETER’S CHURCH HENFIELD AND DIRECTOR OF ST PETER’S CofE SCHOOL CHOIR
The parish church of St Peter’s is situated in the vibrant West Sussex village of Henfield. We are seeking an enthusiastic and gifted musician who will make a significant contribution to our worshipping life. The musical life of the parish includes a Sung Eucharist 3 Sundays a month, a Non – Eucharistic Family Service on the first Sunday of each month, the usual Festivals, and Choral Evensong, which rotates around the churches of the benefice on the 5th Sunday. There are plans for an extra evening service each month. In addition, there are a good number of weddings and funerals (13 weddings and 22 funerals during 2017) in church.
As part of our commitment to our Church of England Primary School, our ideal candidate will take a lead in establishing a children’s after-school choir club and be available to play for up to 2 weekly school services during the academic year.
The PCC is keen for the choral tradition to be re-established at St Peter’s church. The successful candidate will, therefore, have the skill and commitment required to develop the opportunities that the partnership between church and school brings to the recruitment of a new children’s and adult choir to sing at our 10am service each Sunday.
Music is an important part of our life together as a church and a school, and the successful candidate will be someone who can embrace both traditional and contemporary musical styles. They will be an experienced choir director who can recruit, develop, and encourage singers of all ages. They will develop the musical life of both church and church school and be excited by the opportunities that this post brings. The PCC anticipates that this role requires a commitment of up to 10 hours a week during term time (not including occasional offices) which will be reviewed annually. Salary based on RSCM guidelines, will be up to £7,000 per annum depending on experience, plus fees. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
For an informal discussion, for further details or to apply please contact
The Revd Paul Doick | 01273 492017 | email@example.com
HMC BOARDING & DAY 630 BOYS AND GIRLS AGED 13-18
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic and inspirational Chaplain to be pastor to the whole College and lead the spiritual life of this highly successful, co-educational boarding and day community.
The successful candidate will be a member of Common Room and play a significant role in the day to day life of this busy, vibrant school. This will include a teaching role (any subject is welcome) and a contribution to the College’s very full co-curricular life.
Applications are welcomed from those who have been ordained into the Church of England and demonstrate a commitment to the central Anglican tradition. They may currently be serving as school chaplains, serving in parishes or in other roles.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for further details, or telephone 01323 452300.
Closing date: August 15th, 2018
Eastbourne College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment www.eastbourne-college.co.uk
Contract: Negotiable, part time
Location: South Coast, 10 miles West of Brighton
Organist and or keyboard/pianist required:
St George’s Church, Worthing, west Sussex
St George’s is a family friendly parish Church, celebrating our 150th anniversary in July 2018.
We have a competent keyboard player, a group of singers and an occasional ‘scratch’ band. The expectation is for a worshipper and a competent musician who would be sympathetic with the tempo and ethos of old & newer hymns and songs, to be part of the worship team, playing at our 10.30am Communion Services, on 2nd and 4th Sundays, and major festivals.
The instrument is a 2-manual organ built in 1915, and rebuilt by J.W.Walker & Sons Ltd in 1973. It has been regularly serviced, annually, and it is in good repair.
We also have a good quality Yamaha Clavinova keyboard that is linked into the Church sound system, which is due to be upgraded later this year.
Remuneration will be between £35 and £50 per service, depending on experience.
(with the expectation of becoming Incumbent)
The Parishes of Wadhurst, Tidebrook and Stonegate
Situated in beautiful Sussex countryside, we are a group of three thriving parishes with a vision for our churches to be lively, growing places where people of all ages know and respond to the love of Jesus and accept him into their lives.
We look forward to welcoming a Vicar who is:
- firm in faith, prayerful, rooted in the Bible and led by the Holy Spirit
- in the mainstream of the evangelical tradition and able to embrace a spectrum of churchmanship
- an able, thoughtful and inspiring teacher and preacher
- willing and able to care for all ages in the church and for those in the wider parish
- able to lead us into growth, helping us engage with those on the fringe of the churches and draw them into faith
- an effective and strategic team leader, able to encourage, motivate and support both staff and volunteers, in a benefice which has been a training parish in the past and hopes to be so in the future
- someone who will support and encourage the wide range of liturgy and music currently used in worship.
We can offer:
- welcoming, hard-working and supportive church communities.
- a staff team including a Pastoral Assistant for families, Readers and an administrator.
- three attractive, interesting and structurally sound churches, with good facilities and flexible fellowship areas.
- a church presence on Wadhurst High Street: Carillon Cottage, run as a signposting and community service centre.
- a well-appointed four-bedroom detached vicarage set in a quiet garden but a short walk from a lively and thriving village.
With the benefice of Wadhurst and Tidebrook held in plurality with Stonegate, our three parishes have worked happily together for many years. Plans are now underway to create a single new benefice and we seek to appoint a Priest-in-Charge as its first incumbent.
Parish profile: www.wadhurstparishchurch.org
Application form: Marc Sacher, Archdeacon of Hastings PA: email@example.com
The Ven Dr Edward Dowler, Archdeacon of Hastings, is available for informal inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 14 August • Interviews: 25 September