Are you looking for a career in Communications?
We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic apprentice to assist with the planning and administration of our work, including the education department, and the delivery of key messages across the diocese to meet our strategic aims.
You will have a keen eye for detail and an interest in creating and delivering content using both traditional and digital communication channels.
As a communications apprentice, you will learn to apply key principles and practices to engage successfully with a wide range of stakeholders and partner organisations, such as churches, schools and charities.
An understanding of both school and church life would be an advantage.
The role will be based at the Diocese of Chichester’s administrative centre in Hove, but some travel and out of hours work may be required from time to time.
If this role appeals to you, please get in touch with Tash Islam , HR Officer for the Diocese of Chichester to request a job description.
If you would like to speak to anyone about any aspect of the role please contact Tash in the first instance. 01273 421021
Would you like to be at the heart of our Diocesan work linking the Christian faith with care for the environment?
Do you have an interest in organising events and communicating with people and want to develop those skills further?
We are looking to appoint a project coordinator to help the Diocese work towards becoming an Eco Diocese over a two year period.
The post is voluntary and would ask any potential candidate to donate approximately 2 days per week, flexible to fit their availability, to fulfil the duties it entails.
The principal team the project coordinator would be working with is the Diocesan Environmental Action Group (DEAG), which was created at the beginning of 2013 as a working party to deliver change in the Diocese. The group contains some highly skilled individuals in the areas of science, media and theology but all grounded in practice – in working at a Diocesan and parish level.
The post-holder will help coordinate the work of the DEAG in implementing the strategy for the Diocese of Chichester to be awarded Eco Diocese status.
The principal duties are:
• Work with the Rural and Environment Officer and DEAG to develop a programme of publicity and events to support the Diocesan aspiration to become an Eco Diocese.
• Arrange meetings of the DEAG and monitor the progress of actions agreed relating to becoming an Eco Diocese.
• Liaise with officers at Church House, Hove, particularly the Communications Officer, with regards to the Eco Diocese programme.
• Work with the DEAG to provide publicity and gather stories from parishes in support of the Eco Diocese programme.
• Be a point of contact for parishes interested in becoming Eco Churches and for those working towards Eco Church status.
• Help set up Eco Church training events and seminars by internationally known theologians for parishes, clergy and the wider diocese.
Through the project work, the post holder will be able to gain experience in project management, media and communication skills and in organising events. They will also engage with the Diocese at a strategic level and help implement real change in its practice.
Please send a CV to Tash Islam HR Officer or call 01273 421021 Deadline for applications is 16 March
The Diocese of Chichester almost exactly covers the counties of East and West Sussex and the City of Brighton and Hove, stretching for nearly a hundred miles (160km) along the south coast of England. Today the diocese contains 506 churches in 365 parishes which are served by 450 clergy and 265 Readers.
The Diocese is looking for a Database and Statistics Administrator to join the growing Governance team at Church House.
You will be responsible for upkeep of the Diocese database and for gathering and monitoring mission and financial statistics from PCCs and other sources and providing statistical reports on the data collected. You will be working alongside the Executive Assistant.
This is a full time permanent role based in Hove.
- To update and maintain the diocesan database in a timely and accurate manner.
- To audit and moderate amendments to the database made by data subjects.
- To liaise with key members of staff across Church House for departmental specific updates including working with the Church Buildings and Reorganisations team to ensure that changes to parishes are accurately reflected on the database.
- To work alongside the Executive Assistant during the production of a printed diocesan directory as required.
- To generate reports and mailing lists or mail outs from the database as required by members of staff, clergy and parish and deanery officers.
- To verify the financial returns completed by parishes including checking a sample against the parish accounts.
- To receive and file copies of the annual accounts from parishes.
- To hold all statistical information provided by the national church and provide relevant information to members of staff, clergy and parish and deanery officers.
- To prepare analyses of statistics gathered as requested by members of staff, clergy and parish and deanery officers
- To support the Parish Giving Scheme by sending literature to parishes as requested.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate and have relevant experience to draw from to meet the following
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience of data entry is desirable
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong numeracy skills.
- An understanding of Church of England and parish governance and structures or willingness to learn them
- Ability to work effectively and remain resourceful and positive under pressure
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to establish constructive working relationships with people at all levels
- Ability to respect confidentiality and deal with others in a tactful and sensitive manner
- An ability to read a simple set of financial accounts is desirable
Closing Date – 11.59pm on 28 May 2018
Interviews will be held on – 12 June 2018
Salary – In the region of £20,000 per annum
Please click here to apply for the role.
Visit our website on http://www.chichester.anglican.org/