As Personal Assistant to The Bishop of Lewes, you will take the lead in the day to day work of the office: to manage the Bishop’s appointments and diary and to make practical arrangements relating to his mission and ministry.
You will understand the Bishop’s priorities and expectations working proactively to anticipate and suggest information that may be needed.
As well as having a hospitable and welcoming manner, you will have excellent interpersonal skills and a track record of working effectively within a small team.
Interviews will be held on 5 December 2017
The link for applications is here
Eco Diocese Project Coordinator (Volunteer)
Would you like to be at the heart of our Diocesan work linking the Christian faith with care for the environment?
Do you have an interest in organising events and communicating with people and want to develop those skills further?
We are looking to appoint a project coordinator to help the Diocese work towards becoming an Eco Diocese over a two year period.
The post is voluntary and would ask any potential candidate to donate approximately 21 hours per month, flexible to fit their availability, to fulfil the duties it entails.
The principal team the project coordinator would be working with is the Diocesan Environmental Action Group (DEAG), which was created at the beginning of 2013 as a working party to deliver change in the Diocese. The group contains some highly skilled individuals in the areas of science, media and theology but all grounded in practice – in working at a Diocesan and parish level.
The post-holder will help coordinate the work of the DEAG in implementing the strategy for the Diocese of Chichester to be awarded Eco Diocese status.
The principal duties are:
• Work with the Rural and Environment Officer and DEAG to develop a programme of publicity and events to support the Diocesan aspiration to become an Eco Diocese.
• Arrange meetings of the DEAG and monitor progress of actions agreed relating to becoming an Eco Diocese.
• Liaise with officers at Church House, Hove, particularly the Communications Officer, with regards to Eco Diocese programme.
• Work with the DEAG to provide publicity and gather stories from parishes in support of the Eco Diocese programme.
• Be a point of contact for parishes interested in becoming Eco Churches and for those working towards Eco Church status.
• Help set up Eco Church training events and seminars by internationally known theologians for parishes, clergy and the wider diocese.
Through the project work the post holder will be able to gain experience of project management, media and communication skills and in organising events. They will also engage with the Diocese at a strategic level and help implement real change in its practice.
If you would like an informal chat about the post please contact The Revd Dr Mark Betson on on 07801 273074 or email email@example.com