Would you like to be at the heart of our Diocesan work linking the Christian faith with care for the environment?
Do you have an interest in organising events and communicating with people and want to develop those skills further?
We are looking to appoint a project coordinator to help the Diocese work towards becoming an Eco Diocese over a two year period.
The post is voluntary and would ask any potential candidate to donate approximately 2 days per week, flexible to fit their availability, to fulfil the duties it entails.
The principal team the project coordinator would be working with is the Diocesan Environmental Action Group (DEAG), which was created at the beginning of 2013 as a working party to deliver change in the Diocese. The group contains some highly skilled individuals in the areas of science, media and theology but all grounded in practice – in working at a Diocesan and parish level.
The post-holder will help coordinate the work of the DEAG in implementing the strategy for the Diocese of Chichester to be awarded Eco Diocese status.
The principal duties are:
• Work with the Rural and Environment Officer and DEAG to develop a programme of publicity and events to support the Diocesan aspiration to become an Eco Diocese.
• Arrange meetings of the DEAG and monitor the progress of actions agreed relating to becoming an Eco Diocese.
• Liaise with officers at Church House, Hove, particularly the Communications Officer, with regards to the Eco Diocese programme.
• Work with the DEAG to provide publicity and gather stories from parishes in support of the Eco Diocese programme.
• Be a point of contact for parishes interested in becoming Eco Churches and for those working towards Eco Church status.
• Help set up Eco Church training events and seminars by internationally known theologians for parishes, clergy and the wider diocese.
Through the project work, the post holder will be able to gain experience in project management, media and communication skills and in organising events. They will also engage with the Diocese at a strategic level and help implement real change in its practice.
Please send a CV to Tash Islam HR Officer or call 01273 421021 Deadline for applications is 16 March
Are you looking for a career in Communications?
We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic apprentice to assist with the planning and administration of our work, including the education department, and the delivery of key messages across the diocese to meet our strategic aims.
You will have a keen eye for detail and an interest in creating and delivering content using both traditional and digital communication channels.
As a communications apprentice, you will learn to apply key principles and practices to engage successfully with a wide range of stakeholders and partner organisations, such as churches, schools and charities.
An understanding of both school and church life would be an advantage.
The role will be based at the Diocese of Chichester’s administrative centre in Hove, but some travel and out of hours work may be required from time to time.
If this role appeals to you, please get in touch with Tash Islam , HR Officer for the Diocese of Chichester to request a job description.
If you would like to speak to anyone about any aspect of the role please contact Tash in the first instance. 01273 421021
Deadline for application is Friday 16 March. Interviews 22/23 March