(with the expectation of becoming Incumbent)
The Parishes of Wadhurst, Tidebrook and Stonegate Situated in beautiful Sussex countryside, we are a group of three thriving parishes with a vision for our churches to be lively, growing places where people of all ages know and respond to the love of Jesus and accept him into their lives.
We look forward to welcoming a Vicar who is:
• firm in faith, prayerful, rooted in the Bible and led by the Holy Spirit.
• in the mainstream of the evangelical tradition and able to embrace a spectrum of churchmanship.
• an able, thoughtful and inspiring teacher and preacher • willing and able to care for all ages in the church and for those in the wider parish.
• able to lead us into growth, helping us engage with those on the fringe of the churches and draw them into faith.
• an effective and strategic team leader, able to encourage, motivate and support both staff and volunteers, in a benefice which has been a training parish in the past and hopes to be so in the future.
• someone who will support and encourage the wide range of liturgy and music currently used in worship.
We can offer:
• welcoming, hard-working and supportive church communities.
• a staff team including a Pastoral Assistant for families, Readers and an administrator.
• three attractive, interesting and structurally sound churches, with good facilities and flexible fellowship areas.
• a church presence on Wadhurst High Street: Carillon Cottage, run as a signposting and community service centre.
• a well-appointed four-bedroom detached vicarage set in a quiet garden but a short walk from a lively and thriving village.
With the benefice of Wadhurst and Tidebrook held in plurality with Stonegate, our three parishes have worked happily together for many years. Plans are now underway to create a single new benefice and we seek to appoint a Priest-in-Charge as its first incumbent.
Parish profile: www.wadhurstparishchurch.org
Application form: Marc Sacher, Archdeacon of Hastings PA: email@example.com
The Ven Dr Edward Dowler, Archdeacon of Hastings, is available for informal inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Bishop of Chichester wishes to appoint a half-time Priest-in-Charge, St Giles, Horsted Keynes
- Welcoming and friendly congregations
- Glorious rural location on the edge of the Ashdown Forest
- A non-stipendiary Deacon
- Eucharistic tradition of worship with a variety of services
- A large, 4-bedroom, modern and well-maintained rectory with stunning views
- Excellent school and transport links by road and rail (Haywards Heath, East Grinstead and Gatwick)
We are praying for a Priest who:
- Will balance sensitively the needs of various worship backgrounds while developing and expanding ministry within the parish
- Will be an encouraging and prayerful presence within a caring and vibrant village community
- Has excellent communication skills and will connect with people of all ages
- Will continue to enhance and nurture the good relationship between parish and school
Application Form and Parish Profiles available from:
The Ven Fiona Windsor, The Archdeacon of Horsham,
20 Langley Lane, Ifield, Crawley RH11 0NA