Parish of Pevensey, St Nicolas, in the Diocese of Chichester
Post of Choir Director and Organist, St Nicolas Pevensey
If you could play our 2 manual 1960 Wood Wordsworth organ on Sunday morning for the 11am traditional Sung Eucharist BCP then we would love to hear from you. We are a small parish church near Eastbourne, with a great tradition of music-making, a robed choir and a wonderful acoustic. Could you be the person to help our new vicar enhance the musical life of our church? Remuneration in line with RSCM guidelines plus weddings and funerals.
A job-share arrangement eg 2 Sundays per month would also be considered.
The Diocese of Chichester almost exactly covers the counties of East and West Sussex and the City of Brighton and Hove, stretching for nearly a hundred miles (160km) along the south coast of England. Today the diocese contains 506 churches in 365 parishes which are served by 450 clergy and 265 Readers.
The Diocese is looking for a Database and Statistics Administrator to join the growing Governance team at Church House.
You will be responsible for upkeep of the Diocese database and for gathering and monitoring mission and financial statistics from PCCs and other sources and providing statistical reports on the data collected. You will be working alongside the Executive Assistant.
This is a full time permanent role based in Hove.
- To update and maintain the diocesan database in a timely and accurate manner.
- To audit and moderate amendments to the database made by data subjects.
- To liaise with key members of staff across Church House for departmental specific updates including working with the Church Buildings and Reorganisations team to ensure that changes to parishes are accurately reflected on the database.
- To work alongside the Executive Assistant during the production of a printed diocesan directory as required.
- To generate reports and mailing lists or mail outs from the database as required by members of staff, clergy and parish and deanery officers.
- To verify the financial returns completed by parishes including checking a sample against the parish accounts.
- To receive and file copies of the annual accounts from parishes.
- To hold all statistical information provided by the national church and provide relevant information to members of staff, clergy and parish and deanery officers.
- To prepare analyses of statistics gathered as requested by members of staff, clergy and parish and deanery officers
- To support the Parish Giving Scheme by sending literature to parishes as requested.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate and have relevant experience to draw from to meet the following
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience of data entry is desirable
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong numeracy skills.
- An understanding of Church of England and parish governance and structures or willingness to learn them
- Ability to work effectively and remain resourceful and positive under pressure
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to establish constructive working relationships with people at all levels
- Ability to respect confidentiality and deal with others in a tactful and sensitive manner
- An ability to read a simple set of financial accounts is desirable
Closing Date – 11.59pm on 28 May 2018
Interviews will be held on – 12 June 2018
Salary – In the region of £20,000 per annum
Please click here to apply for the role.
Visit our website on http://www.chichester.anglican.org/
We are looking for someone to be our Interparish Children and Families Mission Initiator:
- Can initiate mission particularly amongst families, primary school children and young people.
- Take a hold of what’s already happening, help it to flourish, initiate new opportunities such as Messy Church, after School Clubs, through work with local schools.
- Good interpersonal skills are required, as well as a capacity to hold good boundaries when developing links with schools, church settings and parish activities.
Who Are We?
Fletching, Newick and Barcombe – three village churches that have a little children’s work ready and waiting to be fanned into flame.
Salary: £21-24k pa. fulltime.
Deadline: 18th June 2018.
For an application pack, please email Rev James Hollingsworth firstname.lastname@example.org. Or for a chat call 01273400260.
It is a genuine occupational requirement that this post be filled by a Christian.
St Matthias church in Brighton has a blossoming Children’s Church, loved by both children and parents. The Children’s Leader will take a significant role managing and inspiring this arm of the Church, and it comes with huge job satisfaction. The role involves managing excellent Children’s groups on a Sunday, partnering with parents and supporting children to grow in their faith and understanding of the Bible. It’s an opportunity to create a superb Sunday programme, plan an inspiring curriculum, organize great holiday clubs and outreach events, and to make links with local schools. We’re looking for someone with experience of working with children, who enjoys autonomy, thinks creatively and possesses excellent administration skills.
Salary: £25,000 per annum pro rata 18 hours per week including Sunday (half day).
Advert Opening Date: Friday 11th May 2018. Closing Date: Monday 4th June 2018.
Interview: Week commencing 18th June 2018.
Appointment Start Date: September 2018.
Successful applicants are required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
There is a genuine occupational requirement that the post holder is a Christian.
If you feel you have the qualities and experience we seek, please email email@example.com your CV along with a personal statement indicating why you feel suited to this post. Please include two referees including your current employer. Job Descriptions can be sent on request.