Today the Church of England launches its new national website in a major drive to share the Christian faith. As part of the ongoing digital transformation of the Church of England, the new website of the Church will better support those who lead and go to church and crucially engage occasional visitors and those who are open to Christianity across the country.
The relaunched website is crucial to the digital strategy of the Church which has recently seen more than one million people being reached every month with the Christian message on social media.
The five major changes visitors will see from today are:
1. Our faith that explains Christianity in an engaging way, with new videos to provide direct and moving testimonials.
2. Faith in action films that bring to life the missional work of the Church.
3. Prayer and worship, including liturgical and prayer resources. Prayer will feature at the heart of the website with the day’s Collect now far more visible.
4. A new Life events section better explaining baptisms, confirmations, weddings and funerals as well as vocations.
5. Simple navigation, an improved search engine, improved website accessibility, hundreds of new photos, a mobile first and clean design.
You can read a blog on the background to this development: here
Take a look at the new website here