The diocesan mission fund has been created to support outreach mission initiatives within the diocese.
It will support both new work and new developments of current activities that need further financial assistance. It will focus on initiatives that will deepen faith and increase commitment to worship.
Some of the projects funded by the Mission Fund recently are:-
- Christian Chaplain for YMCA Downslink Hove to serve churches across the diocese
- Parish Nurse for Southgate and Broadfield group of churches in Crawley
- Contribution towards a youth worker at Scaynes Hill
- Oral History project for Brighton St Lukes
- Debt advice programme for Handcross area
- Hangleton Arts Community Festival - Hove area
- Network 10 - Deanery schools worker for Worthing
An assessment committee has the responsibility for allocating grants from the mission fund. It will examine applications against specific criteria and guidelines. Current membership is listed in the Diocesan Committee Handbook here